VA Funding

Specially Adapted Housing: SAH grants help veterans with certain service-connected disabilities adapt or purchase a home to accommodate the disability. SAH provides a service connected veteran a grant from $10,000 to $70,465.

Home Improvement and Structural Alterations: HISA Grants help Veterans with improvements to their home including, Ramps and Doorways entrance to or exit from their homes, door widening, roll in showers or walk in tubs, lowering counters/sinks, improving entrance paths or driveways, improving plumbing or electrical systems made necessary due to installation of home medical equipment.  HISA provides $2000 to $6800 depending on if your disability is service connected.

Colorado Medicaid

Offers coverage for basic medial equipment including the items that health insurance covers. There is also a one time only benefit of up to $14,000 available for home modifications but the client must be enrolled in HCBS (Home Community Based Services Medicaid Waiver). Applications must be complete in writing. To apply contact the Options for Long Term Care agency or the Department of Human Services in the county where the applicant resides (find a list here).

Assistive Technology (AT) Sources The University of Colorado has put together a database of all available funding sources for people in Colorado. AT Funding Sources is a searchable online database tool. You can sort your search by disability, need, age, county and more.

Friends of Man Friends of Man helps people of all ages with a large variety of needs including: mobility equipment, medical equipment, hearing aids, dentures, glasses are more.

Home Builders Foundation This program is for home owners exhibiting a financial need in the 8-county (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert and Jefferson) Denver metro area that are in need of home modifications related to accessibility.